Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Pansy

Pansy Blooming Wild On The Side Of The Road-Photo Taken This Week


_________________________________________
Also linking to....

1.  Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake?  Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? 
The last time I saw a snake was last summer. My cat was kind enough to bring two garden snakes up near the house. Cats are natural predators and enemies of snakes. We live in the country. We have woods behind us and on one side of us. We also have a pond. And, there is another pond on the property adjacent to us. Occasionally we do see snakes. I have seen two water moccasins in the thirteen years we have lived here. However, since our cats began living outdoors I have only seen the two garden snakes mentioned above and one snake in the water last year. 


No!  Snakes are not okay with me! I have a terrible phobia of snakes! It's the one thing about living here that bothers me. Rattle snakes, Copperheads and Moccasins are native to this area. I never work a flower bed, dig in any dirt, or, turn over any rocks before checking first with a long stick. 

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck.  Do you believe in luck? 
No I don't believe in luck. Rather, I believe in destiny. We are all born with God's plan for our lives already in place. 
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?  Which of the three have you done most recently? 
It would have to be building a snowman. I grew up in the south, and only saw a few inches of snow my entire life, before moving to Maine in my mid thirties. I did try to ice skate once and that was hilarious. I couldn't even stand up if I let go of the rail. I was a good roller skater though! Most recently, would be a long time ago, as I only visit Maine in the summer now. But, when last there, during winter, I did join in the fun with the grand kids building a snowman.
4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew."  Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?  
In every single aspect of my life. How can it not? I think this is true for everyone. However, it is not until we are older, and have gained some wisdom with our years we realize this fact, and can understand what Emerson is referring to. 
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?  
Oh gosh I can't remember the exact time. I might have eaten a cupcake at a church function. I am not a cupcake fan.
6. What's something you can't say no to?  
Someone in need. 
7.  Are you a doodler?  
No I am not a doodler.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.  
Today all my thoughts are focused on my daughter's birthday on Thursday. I keep thinking about the first time I saw her and held her. I remember being in the hospital forty plus years ago and the miserable quack of a DR. I had. I was very young and he was very rude and mean to me. I was already scared to death. I was very very young and no one prepared me for anything. But, everything was perfect as soon as I saw her. She was definitely a keeper and still is!

Her birthdays always remind me of Turner's Syndrome though too. She has Turner's Syndrome and deals with many very serious related health issues. It is very rare. Only one in five thousand fetuses ever make it to term. Only sixty thousand women are alive in America with this genetic disorder. My greatest prayer and wish for today, and everyday,  is that people will visit The Turner Society page and make a donation for research.

More awareness =  more early diagnoses, more treatment options and more happy people! Click here here to help.

~Blessings of peace to one and all today and forever!~

53 comments:

  1. The flower is gorgeous. I'm so ready for spring.

    1. The last time I saw a snake was some years back up in the mountains. It was a rattlesnake and I am afraid of them. Snakes give me the shivers big time.

    2. I believe we are the master of our own ship. For every action there is a reaction. Many folks do nothing but expect a great outcome. Not going to happen.


    3. None, as I don't want anything to do with snow. Ever.

    4. I agree with this assessment.

    5. I've not a clue the last time I've had a cupcake. Years and years, but I'm not really a cake/cupcake fan.

    6. Pasta. Any kind of pasta.

    7. No, I'm not a doodler.

    8. I hope everyone has a terrific day.

    Big hugs honey. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picture - it makes me think of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love that colour! Beautiful flower. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pansy.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/02/wordless-wednesday-meditation.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I can't wait for wildflowers, although I'm going to be waiting for quite awhile here lol.

    Happy WW!
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous flower - nothing will be blooming here for many months yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it amazing how soe people have such strong phobias about snakes. nightmares, even.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful flower and snakes - ugh!
    Glad that I'm a Tiger!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty flower! No snakes for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pansy! I just love the Lord's handiwork. Happy birthday to your daughter, and thank you for educating me about TS. I had heard of it, but didn't really know what it was about. She is an overcomer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though we have only had a bit of winter this year, we haven't had any flowers as pretty as the pansy you posted. Maybe I will plant some this year.

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a pretty flower!

    I'm a follower to your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all very much for visiting and taking the time to leave these wonderful comments. Unfortunately my satellite company is doing updates again.

    We all just went through this last week. Well, the long and the short of it is that my speed is so slow I can barely load any pages at all.

    I have called and the only thing I can do is wait until in the morning and they will be done!

    See everyone tomorrow! Happy day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color! I love pansies. I can't wait for spring to roll around so we can plan what colors we want to plant this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pansy!!!! We always celebrate Chinese New Year, because our little granddaughter is from china.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful picture, makes me think of the spring and summer months coming! I don't like snakes either! but then again who really does lol!! Another great post Jackie, I enjoyed reading your answers.
    Love ya,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the frame around the picture.

    http://theapels.blogspot.com/2013/02/ww-nebraska-state-capitol-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful flowers is that! :) nice shot too.;)


    Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Pansy....pansies were my father's favorite flower, he always made sure there were all colors of them in his gardens.

    PS...happy birthday to your daughter on Thursday... mine is Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure my comment went through...so, will check back later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely! I can't wait for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty -- can't for blooms around here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful picture!!

    p.s. not a cupcake fan? Well that just means more for ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. two words for this one... totally awesome! and i will view every post everyone post in my reader, i will just not be commenting on every single post like i have. i will be around just not as many comments

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest my new friend Jackie;
    Oh, beautiful sweet Pansy♡♡♡ I'd love to participate this Wordless Wednesday in the future♬♬♬

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dearest new friend Jackie,
    Oh, beautiful sweet pansy♡♡♡ I'd love to come bac and participate "wordless Wednesday" in the near future♬♬♬

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice photograph - I like the framing effect you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Spring is almost Sprung! Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. There was a park I used to visit when I was a kid and I always loved the beautiful pansy flowers they planted in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pansies are the one flower that grows here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I especially loved how you framed it, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Wordless Wednesday.
    Visit from http://www.blogshe.net
    Hope to see you around.
    Have a great Wednesday.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net/2013/02/wordless-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. My manly manliness prevents me from expounding upon what a pretty flower that is. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for joining us at Wordless Wednesday Bloggers!

    If you haven't signed up for a weekly reminder, visit http://bit.ly/WPj6rK

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Jackie,
    Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful picture. I also want to thank you so so much for adding my badge to your collection. I am happy you like loveliveandgarden.com. You are such a sweet person and I wish your daughter a very happy birthday. I also have a loved one who has health concerns. My aunt was diagnosed with ALS, a terminal illness almost 3 years ago. I can only pray we find a cure for these obscure illnesses. I am now following you. I will put up your badge as soon as I add a page for the badges. Thanks again so much for your visit. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the pansy photo. Unfortunately I always have too much to say to participate in your Wordless Wednesday.....

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's so beautiful! Visiting late for WW.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Linking up late for the WW party at your place. I just don't know where my time goes. Anywho, the photo of the pansies is beautiful. Belated birthday wishes to your daughter. God is so awesome. He had a plan for her this is why she is here today. God bless you, my friend. PS: I snagged your button and will feature it on my WW posts starting next week. =D

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.