Sunday, February 10, 2013

Music Monday - Love Songs For Valentine Week

This week it's all about love songs. 
Walter and I chose this song as our newest song on our 30th anniversary!
Abracadabra was the very first song Walter dedicated to me. I love it and I hope you enjoy it too!
I love Leonard Cohen and this song so reminds me of Walter and his love for me. He is definitely my man and I am definitely spoiled rotten by him!
 This song by Alabama, is pretty much the way Walter and I are together in real life. We are each other's best friends. We prefer doing things alone together. We could easily spend every single day just with each other and be very happy!
Islands In The Stream was a huge hit when we first met and fell in love. It was being played on Pop stations and C&W. We spent a lot of hours smooching...umm...I mean slow dancing to this song. 
We've been married 30 years, and together thirty one years, and we are still 'Islands In The Stream' with no one in between! We are so blessed in love!
Valentine's Day Card, Always and Forever Me& You
We are leaving very soon to go see our new puppy. I will be away all afternoon. We need help naming him. He's a pure breed solid black German Shepherd. Please help us name him! Walter likes Dylan and I don't!
~Happy Music Monday everyone!~

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

Photobucket
Click the badge to visit this MM also
“Monday’s Music Moves Me”
Our theme this week for this Music Monday was love songs without the word love in the title.
Also, thank you all very much for our anniversary wishes but our anniversary was last September. The Trace Adkins song is just the last song we picked as a couple together to be our song! I apologize for the confusion.
~Happy Music Monday to All!~
and
~Happy Birthday Steve!~

28 comments:

  1. Islands in the Stream - wow, that brings back memories! A few of these song I have never heard of, so I am going to have to go take a listen to them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a huge milestone. I like the name Dylan, but for a German Shepherd, what about Sarge? Or Major? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous songs Jackie - Excellent choices. Happy Anniversary to you and Walter. Here's to another 30 years xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! When are you bringing the puppy home? I love Steve Miller Band, and love Leonard Cohen even more! I have his C.D.'s and think his songwriting is exquisite. I'M Your Man was the very first song that introduced him to me, and I had never seen this video before! It is quite lonely and he needs a companion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the birthday wishes Jackie, the actual day I turn 21 is Friday (Wink)

    Well your choices this week are excellent and brought back some lovely memories especially Island In The Stream.

    Congratulations on your 30 years :-)

    Hope all goes well with getting the puppy, I like Jaime and Thomas :-)

    Have a puppylicious week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all great songs. Happy anniversary! You've done well in growing and loving together, and I pray the good Lord bless you with many more~

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant type, i am swaying to the music of trace

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great set Jackie. I love your kind of music.

    Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are good ones and some took me way back. Abracadabra had me at the campground as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a great collection of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone we are back but we are very tired. I will visit and get caught up tomorrow with everyone.

    When we got there to pick out our puppy we actually fell in love with another one. He is black and sable and has the most wonderful markings. I took pictures and will share soon!

    We have named him. The naming was completely accidental. I will tell all about it when I get his pictures up!

    Tonight we are resting! See everyone early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll return later to listen. Love me some Dolly and Kenny; right now I'm listening to the Grammies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to be thinking Abbra Abbracadabbra for the rest of the night.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Jackie;

    Oh, Happy 30th anniversary to you two♡♡♡ So sorry that these songs are not familiar to me (^^;) Haha, naturally. And lovely to hear that your happy marriage life♬♬♬

    I AM really excited for your new puppy, my dear new friend☆☆☆ I know you were going to have another one from your comment. Oh, he must be really LOVELY!!!

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful song. I hadn't heard this for a while. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Islands in the Stream is such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These were fun choices, I haven't heard Abracadabra in a long time that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love your love song choices without the mention of "love" in the title for today's theme. My fave pick of your line up today is Alabama's She and I. This could be our theme song, too. lol

    Thanks for joining us on the virtual dance floor at Monday's Music Moves Me! Happy V'Day to you & your significant other!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your picks and thanks for sharing your love with all of us! 30 yrs. That's so very special! Bless you both! Truly you are soulmates! Islands in the stream will be forever the greatest love song among many! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not heard Abracadabra in a long time.Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 30 years together...wonderful!!!
    I have not heard Abracadabra in years. That was great to listen to as all your songs and reasons for picking them.

    Cheers to you! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on the 30 yr milestone! Some fine picks here

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh such fun hits!
    Thank you for sharing.

    Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great choices perfect for this week. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. loved all your choices here great job

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.