Monday, February 11, 2013

Awww....Monday With Cowboy


Good morning everyone this is Cowboy our new German Shepherd puppy. He's the first animal we have actually purchased in years and years. Most of our animals are always rescue dogs and cats. But, we needed a good watch dog to help us scare away bobcats, and, other scary things in the night too. As you can see he is sable and black. We did not get the little black one. Cowboy, named purely accidentally, by daddy, chose us and we couldn't resist him.
He got named Cowboy by daddy when I asked Walter, otherwise, known as daddy, to pick him up so I could take some pictures. Without any thought at all Walter said..."Come on Cowboy let's get some pictures."  Then, I was calling him Cowboy, as I was snapping away.  He responded beautifully every single time to that name. So Cowboy it is!
Cowboy is an AKC registered German Shepherd. However, he is not a kennel bred dog. His mother only breeds every other year. The puppies have a huge yard. They also have access to come and go in and out of the house. Some of his other family members are trained as service dogs. Isn't he handsome?
 ~It was love at first sight for us!~

Anyone can participate in Awww...Mondays! It's easy and simple to do. Just post a picture or graphic from the web that is: cute, inspiring, humorous, etc.... Add your link and grab the code and post your Awww...Monday!
~Happy Week Everyone!~


26 comments:

  1. He is irresistible! I love his name, too. He is soon going to be chasing all the predators away. It will be interesting in a year to look back at this picture and see how much he's grown.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, he is absolutely beautiful and I love the name that you chose for him. I miss having a dog, but I am going to wait until my kids are a little older to get another one. We're at that point right now in which we are constantly busy and I don't think it would be fair to any pet to leave them home alone too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww, Jackie, he's adorable. And he'll be very handsome as he ages and becomes your protector!! I like how he got his name, "Cowboy". I can just hear this "Come on Cowboy, let's get some pictures". Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cowboy is adorable and you can tell he is going to grow into a handsome guy :)Oh, and I love the name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwww is right, i love dogs and cowboys so the name is perfect. he is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! what a lovely dog and a sweet face Cowboy suits him too heheh! he will be so happy in his new home, will be interesting seeing pictures of him growing up :-)

    Have a puppylicious day

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a cutie pie and then some. I sure the two of you won't spoil him right? Bwahahahahahah, you both will.

    Have a fabulous Awww...Monday all day long honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is adorable!! German Shepherds are such great dogs!

    Nonny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie- this is one handsome Cowboy- wait til he is all grown up- he'll really be a great asset and protector for your family! We don't ave the life style appropriate for a dog...we're gad abouts and roam too much- our cat Lucy doesn't mind too much as she goes to Kitty Camp and gets spoiled! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love his name and he is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh he is adorable and I like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that puppy face so tender.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so expressive!!! aAd how awesome that you got one that chose YOU, rather than the other way around! I am glad you kept an open mind to that. So glad to finally see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice dog, good name. Dogs I have named tended to be "Spot" or "Scamp." No creativity here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Jackie,
    Good Morning from Japan. Wow, cute handsome puppy he is♡♡♡ I love his name,too. I am sure he will be a good watch dog and bring you new bright atmosphere for your life. I never thought you have that particular extra reason having one(^^;)
    I'm looking forward to seeing him grow here from your page♡♡♡

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that name! And your new companion is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on your new family member. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, he's very cute, Jackie! But I think he's gonna need some time before he's protecting the place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, handsome Cowboy. You can some see me any day. What a cutie! You keep your mama and daddy safe...and yourself, too!

    Scritches to the boy, big hugs to you, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's adorable! Have fun enjoying puppy-hood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comments! Yes, our pups need friends too!! So glad I found a new blog friend!
    Talk to you soon!

    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cowboy is a real cutie. Those eyes say it all. I am yours
    and you are mine. I will be cute and adorable. Just to let
    you know, this is my house. I can do anything I want. If you
    treat me as I expect you to I will let you live here with me. I will love you and protect you. I will make you laugh
    till you turn blue. Now put your hand over your heart and
    swear woof woof. Can I have my snack now!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.