Also linking to Hodgepodge:
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
1. yolo: I don't like these new so called acronyms because half the time I don't understand what they are referring to.
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go? - Two years ago my daughter and I rode the commuter train into Dallas and visited some museums and The Dallas Zoo.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping? - Yay! But, only if they are onion bagels and I love them topped with a thin layer of cream cheese.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose? - Home From The Hill, starring Robert Mitchum - yum!
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children? - No. I think it would deter learning social skills needed later on in life when entering the work force. This is not the problem with America's Public School System.
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel? - Nothing. I avoid them if possible.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice? - Anticipation: My hubby will be retiring from the road some time this year, and I spent all of last year anticipating this grand new adventure in our life.
8. Insert your own random thought here. - Our daughter, the English Professor is seeking different employment. She has had some good nibbles from a couple of top notch really good schools where she would be on line for tenure. I am hoping and praying that she is blessed to get the best job out there for herself. She has worked so hard and is a first generation High School graduate from our family. She is a very creative teacher and students love her. She deserves a really good break in life. I pray it's her turn!
~I hope everyone has a super day!~