Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Bling
Lace
Fabric One
Fabric Number Two - I couldn't make up my mind.
Wood:Cedar
I was stuck indoors the last part of this week due to bad weather. For wood, I remembered this antique jewelry box that belonged to my mother. It is cedar and she did the decoupage herself. I love this little box and hadn't took a good look at it in a long time. It's beautiful to me in so many ways. I found so many forgotten little treasures when I looked inside as shown below.
I will use my mother's old pin cushion for fuzzy number one.

Fuzzy number two: A knitted shawl

The necklace shown in this photo is called a 'Tree Of Life' necklace. I purchased it at the Choctaw gift shop. The design inside of the heart, which represents love, is that of a tree with branches. You and your ancestors are the roots and the branches represent the generations to follow. It is all hand crafted and the stones are peridot. It's one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. 

Please join in on the fun!

The rules are simple:
Anyone can participate.
You’re encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) – you can use the button above.
Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (with so many new participants each week, it’s the only way I know to be inclusive
Have fun!
~Blessings to all for a happy and wonderful day~


26 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cross you have there. Nice job on your entire collection for the hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty lace and love your keepsake cedar box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work.
    I find myself being drawn to the bling capture for some reason. I don't know why, because I'm not a fan of much bling in my own life. Keep shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lace, but I especially love the tree of life necklace! So pretty with such a special meaning!
    Hugs to you,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the theme Jackie -- and the trinkets in your mom's cedar box would be something I'd like to look at closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection there u scavenger u heheh!

    Have a fantabulicious week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scavenger hunt pics, specially fuzzy nº two.

    Happy Sunday

    http://sradiaz.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/scavenger-hunt-cuarta-semana-de-enero/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bling...and excellent idea for 'fuzzy'....I didn't do this this week, too difficult [either that or I was playing lazy...ya, I'll stick with lazy I guess]

    Happy Sunday Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful! I love all the items in your mom's box. What a treasure~

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all beautiful, myself is drawn to the bling and the second material, the necklace is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots, Jackie...love the Wood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jackie,

    Beautiful lace fabrics.I love the photos.the pearl necklace so beautiful.
    wishing you a beautiful weekend Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful set Jackie! I love that Tree of Life necklace and all that it means.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the bling and the lace! The whole set of pictures is fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a great time looking at what you found on your hunt this week. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your finds for the treasure hunt. Love the cedar jewelry box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great finds!!! that pin on the FUZZY sweater is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your choices especially the wooden box. Treasure hunts are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your wooden jewelery box - very similar to one my mother had (which I now have) and the one given to me as a child, which I have passed on to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a meaningful set. Enjoyed the way everything worked together from the Lovely Lace to the Fabric Pincushion. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cross is beautiful, as well as your tree of life.
    And really nice grain in your jewelry box. I'm glad I found your blog through SHS as I couldn't reach it via the comment you left on my post -tried clicking on your name and your pix but nothing worked.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Photos - love your memory box. Many years ago Lane Company gave mini hope chests to all the girls graduating from high school.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photos. I would be the same way not able to make up my mind. I have one of those mini hope chests too!
    I enjoyed visiting.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.