Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

The rules are simple:
  1. Anyone can participate.
  2. You’re encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
  3. If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
  4. Link up here on Sunday (or Tuesday at the latest) – you can use the button above.
  5. Leave comments for at least five entries around yours (with so many new participants each week, it’s the only way I know to be inclusive).
  6. Have fun!


This is my second time participating in this photo meme and I have to tell you that I love it. Next to hunting birds this has become my favorite thing to do all week. It is fun! I was amazed last week at the creativity everyone used in interpreting the list of items we are to find and photograph. Here's my interpretations for this week.

1.Basket
2.Park 
3.Auto
4. Recycle

Walter and I found this solid cast iron bottom to an old wood burning cook stove while living in Maine. It was half buried in the ground, it was solid rust, covered in muck, it had no top and it weighed a ton and, still does. We found it while hiking in the woods across from our home. Somehow we managed to dig it out and get it back to our house where it stayed in our wood shed for years.  Our youngest daughter and husband managed to sneak it out and refinish it. They cleaned it, added a top, added decorative wood burning, coated it several times with   Polyurethane, and gave it to us as a Christmas present. That was almost twenty years ago and it's still our favorite table. We use it as a coffee table in our den. 


They did all of the wood burning themselves, Mallards for Walter, flowers for me and a heart for love!
We love it!

5. People Watching
But then again who's watching who?


~Blessings to all for a great week!~

23 comments:

  1. Love that table- it is really beautiful! The caption on the last picture is so true- we think we are the ones watching, but we're probably always being watched back~

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to tina´s picstory :)
    beautiful pics! most i love the last one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photography Jackie. I really do.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shots are great! Love that wood table and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great table and love the backstory on it. The basket is nice, and I love Oklahoma's State Parks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the PEOPLE WATCHING is my fave... good to have new participants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, Jackie - People Watching is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos- I love this scavenger hunt - I'm definitely going to do it again. The table is fabulous - extra special because of the thoughtfulness of family - nice horse too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your photos. The one for auto is such a pretty arrangement. That table is awesome. Not only a great find but a magnificent restore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love your people watching.
    That table, what a priceless keepsake in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie,

    Valentine's Day will be here before we know it! It’s hard to believe that January is over half over.

    Neat Auto picture and I love your coffee table. Great find!

    Thank You for checking out my blog. I appreciate the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gifts crafted in love and given to please are always the best. Love the Recycle photo and story. Next week is going to be a real challenge for me. I don't know if I can find any lace in my life. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your basket puts me to mind of all the Longaberger baskets I have around the house (and still, I ventured outside for a basket shot - go figure!). Love the people watching - very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last photo of that beautiful horse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww...thank you all so very very much! I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your last two photos! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. a super fun set!! i really enjoy shs as well, it just makes me smile and feel good!!

    i adore the table and the story behind it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really great! I love the story behind the cast iron table!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of great shots here.. I LOVE the photo of the horse..

    Linda~

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so fun to see how every participant has such a different take on the prompts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you found a treasure while on a walk. That's a pretty table. Wish I had such luck. :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.