Sunday, January 27, 2013

Music Monday - Romance

I love the romantic feel of a foggy morning. There is a mystery within that leads one to imagine all sorts of things. Oh, how I wish we clung more to romance in our modern times.

I am featuring 'Dance Me to the End of Love' by Leonard Cohen this week.

Cohen is a Canadian born, highly celebrated poet, and musician. He has a wonderful raspy bass voice that is well suited for blues and jazz. In the 1980s, Cohen was in a relationship with the French photographer Dominique Issermann.  They collaborated together in the production of this song and one other while together..

 This video has a multitude of wonderful dance clips from old movies. It is astonishing how very well this video is edited. The dancers are never out of step to the beat of the music. 
I love old movies. I love romance. I love dancing and I love this song! 
I hope you enjoy.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

~I hope we all a wonderful and blessed week filled with romance!~

Photobucket
Click this badge to visit this "MM" also.



24 comments:

  1. Olá, também aprecio o tempo invernoso! Belíssima foto!E Leonard Cohen é maravilhoso! Esta canção é linda!Adoro a sua voz rouca, quente! Esteve em Portugal o ano passado, onde é muito conhecido e admirado:))! Abraços Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with this song Jackie, but it's definitely "old school", and I love the foggy morning too xxx. Happy Music Monday to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie you romancer you heheh!

    Years ago I worked in Harrods record department Leonard Cohen was very popular

    Have a romancelicious week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is amazing how they can take parts out of old movies and fit them to the music....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard this one before, but I sure like it. Romance is a wonderful thing.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh- very lovely! The picture and the music both suit each other very well~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone was in love with Cary Grant. I don't blame them. LOL. I love your fog picture, Mommy. I like this video, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do they call them old movies if they never get old?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful song. Jackie, I have always loved foggy mornings as well. I find them to be incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old movies too. I especially like Fred Astaire.
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2013/01/mondays-music-moves-me1282013.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photograph is beautiful. I love the atmosphere that fog creates. Your song pick is definitely new to me, but I certainly enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for joining us on the dance floor again on Monday's Music Moves Me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your picture reminds me of an old movie like Vampires or no the old Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr. for sure. Quite eerie, but yet beautiful in its own way! I too love love old movies. Ahhh Carey Grant meaning Lamoor for sure. It's great how they put that song to all his movies. Great find my new friend. Thanks for stopping by & joining us and the follow. I too am following you everywhere. Hope to see you soon again. I shall be back to see your pics for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great song! I loved the video that went with it, too. I love old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love old movies and romance, too! Love your choice! And that foggy picture is perfection! :)

    Blown Away: a Tornado creates an Eternal Flame Mother Earth won’t douse with Water

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful picture of the fog. I love mornings like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's coming to Memphis, but I can't afford his top dollar ticket prices. :(

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/01/music-rhythm-and-rap.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love when a fellow Canadian shows up on the music train!
    Especially one as legendary as Cohen! Who cares if you are not "on theme" -- this was just fabulous. great song - great video with all the old movies. Loved, loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh not familiar with this song but anything romance I like LOL! Happy MM Jackie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I donot remember this one,but man it was fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for dropping by and following me.

    I LOVE Leonard Cohen and saw him in concert twice in 2007/8.
    He is an amazing writer and performer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh yes I agree. Sometimes too I have all sorta names for the fog :)

    And definitely also about the romance.

    Thank you for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was beautiful Jackie..
    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.