Sunday, January 20, 2013

Music Monday -"The Logical Song"- Learning Curve Time For Me - Personal Update

Hello everyone and welcome to a new week. It's amazing how very fast they come around. My song this week is"The Logical Song" by Supertramp. The video is truly entertaining and lovely. I hope you enjoy it. 

Speaking of being logical, or, illogical, I am taking this week off to do some studying. I am going to spend an entire week learning how to use my camera and lenses properly. I am thinking of buying a new camera, a macro lens and a wide angle lens. But, before we make such a big investment in new equipment, I truly need to understand many variables in regards to my current camera and lenses.

I currently have three Cannon zoom lenses: an 18 - 55 MM, a 55 - 250 MM, and my 400 MM. I found a great tutorial spot. I will be combining these tutorials with a thorough review of my manual to properly understand such things as: aperture/f-Value, ISO, DOF (depth of field), etc....There is a lot to review and learn. But, I am determined.

Please wish me luck and keep me in mind. I will be traipsing around all over this week, in different environments with three lenses, and only one camera. I have learned over the last year why a lot of photographers have two or more cameras hanging around their neck. It's because they don't have time to be changing lenses. Shooting wildlife in action demands you be really quick. I also love macro shots and landscape shots. Currently I don't have a macro lens or a wide angle zoom.

My dream:one more camera, a good macro lens and a good wide angle zoom lens!
Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay?


I am also linking to Awwww....Monday. 
Rascal said I had to if I was going to use his picture!
Join us at Awwww.....Monday. It's simple and easy to do. Just post a cute, funny or inspiring picture, click and visit HERE for more information! I do not have a linky this week for Awww...Monday so please go!
________________________
The Blog of the week is Traveling Bells.
They are having a wonderful adventure right now and are sharing it with their readers.
Please click and visit them. They are super nice people and their vacation is super cool!
___________________________
~As always I hope we all have an awesome week! 
~Please Note: I will be back for Wordless Wednesday and Wednesday Hodgepodge!~

I'll be back full time Saturday!

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

18 comments:

  1. I know you will produce some great things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, Great song, I've always loved this one by him. Good luck with your studying, I'm sure you'll absorb a lot and before you know it you will be sharing even more beautiful pictures with all of us!
    Have a great week,
    Janet :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love this song and Supertramp

    Good luck with your photo's Jackie I'm sure you will get some great pictures :-)

    have a fantabulicious week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a lot to learn. There are so many things to learn in photography. I got my feet wet in jr. college many moon ago. I would learn the basics before you try a new camera. Cannon makes the best, so learn and branch out enough to know if you really need a new camera.

    I can answer many of your questions if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...what a great shot of a beautiful cat. Awesome and then some.

    Have a terrific Awww...Monday honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a great eye for great shots, and I hope are given the abilities to capture all that you are shown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to listen to Supertramp all the time. Love that song.
    That is a very pretty cat.
    Good luck with all that studying

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I did a lot of research and practice today here at home.

    It's always so good to know you're not forgotten so thanks for stopping by!

    I'll be back for Wordless Wednesday and Hodgepodge. I'll see everyone Wednesday and then be on break again!

    Happy week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that was the title of that song. I've heard it played sometimes on radio and never hear the song's title. About your question on my blog, replied to it. :D Good luck with the camera techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Logical...illogically...hmmm, which am I? Who cares? Supertramp's "The Logical Song" is totally get-to-your-feet quality music to do your chores to or to exercise to or to simply dance to. I haven't heard it in a very long time. Loved cranking up the volume this morning to listen to it. Thanks for visiting my little niche @ Cathy Kennedy's Blog. Perhaps you'll consider joining next week's round of Monday's Music Moves Me. =D

    Have a melodious day, my friend!

    Now following ya,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings from St. Thomas! Thanks for featuring my blog. We are having a great time. WYWH!

    Warm, sunny hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Canon Rebel with the first two lens you listed, not the 400, although i have wanted one. also would like the macro. i use my nikon point and shoot for macro... changing lens in the woods is difficult. beautiful photo of a gorgeous cat above.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just dropping by this afternoon after a lengthy project on the computer, it's done. I'll be back in the morning to link up for Wordless [which I just posted].

    Hope you're having a glorious day, and I LOVE your new profile image...that picture is fantastic. Shows a fun lady and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS....LOVE your scavenger photos this past Sunday...I love your 'take' on people watching. VERY clever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Logical Song, written and sung by Roger Hodgson, co-founder of Supertramp, is one of my all-time favorite songs. The lyrics are just as relevant today as when the song was released on the Breakfast in America album in 1979. It kind of reminds me of Paul Simon's line of "when I think back on all the crap I learned in High School, it's a wonder I can think at all."

    I was so thrilled to see Roger live in concert a few months ago. Not only did he perform The Logical Song, but also many of his other classics such as Breakfast in America, Take the Long Way Home, Dreamer, Give a Little Bit, and so many more! Be sure to see Roger's show and you will have feel-good feelings that will stay with you for weeks. Check out the tour dates on his FB page at http://www.Facebook.com/RogerHodgsonOfficial. Here is a video for The Logical Song that I just watched on Roger's channel - nothing like seeing the original singer/songwriter perform his song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDiuQCz46dw.

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.