Sunday, January 6, 2013

Music Monday #224 - Texas



Fast Facts

  • Date of Statehood: December 29, 1845
  • Capital: Austin
  • Largest City: Houston

Did You Know


Texas is also the fifteenth largest economy in the world. 
My home town is Dallas! 

I love pecans, bluebonnets are beautiful and the Mockingbird . The Mockingbird, as it's name implies, mocks many different specie's of bird's songs and has been known to mock cell phone tones and other odd sounds. 

I miss it a lot. But we only live about two hours north of the city and for $4.00 a day I can catch the railway system in Plano and head in for a day of fun and shopping. I have lived in a few different places but my heart will always belong to Texas. I was born in deep east Texas. But we moved to Dallas when I was nine and it will always be home to me! I hope you like the video. It starts out in another country! I love this guy's voice!
~No country this week - Austin City Limits, Texas Rock sound!~

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

Please forgive me for not visiting more today. I do not feel very well at the moment. I am so grateful my daughter left me some food cooked and in the freezer. I am headed to eat and get some rest. I will see everyone first thing in the morning.
~Happy MM and I hope everyone has a great week!~

24 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were from Texas. I have a couple blog friends from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I be from Texas and actually just got teary eyed listening to this video. It will always be home in my heart. We moved from there to Maine when I was 35.

    This video has a great Texas rock sound to it and I think it was filmed at Austin City Limits!!

    Thanks for stopping by Sandy. I hope you join in with us this week!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to move to Texas. I would really love to move to Texas and get the heck out of California.

    I loved the video and wow, he can sing. I've not heart this song before. It's awesome.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sandee but my hubby loves it here and we own the place. Oh to be young again!!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh I too didn't know u hail from Dallas! Never been there but would love to visit one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time listening and definitely enjoying the groove, thanks for sharing and Happy MM sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Texas is one place I'd like to visit one day. I associate Texans with country music, or is that right? Love the husky voice! Have a great week ahead, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes most people do associate Texas with country music. But, actually the Austin sound is more a blues,jazz and rock sound with a heavy emphasis on the guitar.

      Delete
  7. Chris Rhea...Brilliant and great track Jackie,

    If I ever get the chance to visit the U.S New York and Dallas Texas has always been my first choices :-)

    Have a fantabulosa week Jackie and thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like You're ever going to visit the U.S.A. Steve LOL j/k xxx. It's a brilliant song choice - Happy Music Monday

      Delete
  8. I can remember really freaking out the first time I saw that round lighted globe on top of the tower in downtown Dallas late one night. For the lights started flickering and then went plumb crazy with changing patterns. I came to realize that this was by design later on, but it sure came as quite a shock to my system the first time I actually saw it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Endearing song and story about your roots!
    Happy MM to you Jackie,
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following via the Blog Hop! I'm now a follower of you. :)
    I was born and raised in Texas! I've lived/live in other states, but it is my home state. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool tune thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great Jackie!! I ♥ TX

    Re: the mockingbird, I just photographed one out near the bay this afternoon...it was such a proud one...I couldn't resist. And I LOVE their song repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to get a picture of one all week. He's been hanging around. But then I am also having trouble with the Blue Jays of all things. They are everywhere until I walk out with my camera.

      I got a good shot today though and I am so so excited! I ♥ Texas too!

      Delete
  13. I enjoyed your story and the video! My hubby's job moved to Austin three years ago this month but we didn't. We visited to check it out and the thunderstorm, tornado warning and humidity we experienced were too much like the reasons we left Kansas so we stayed in Oregon. I'm a chicken when it comes to storms! Other than that, we enjoyed visiting and would like to visit again one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when we first moved to Maine everyone was amazed that we had never been in a tornado since we came from Texas.

      Actually I have seen many. But, all you need do is listen to the weather and take cover when they say to do so.

      We have a nice big storm cellar right out on our porch. But we live in Oklahoma now and everyone here has storm cellars. I have no clue why more Texans don't have them.

      Tornadoes or no...I do love Texas!! Oregon is nice too though. I have been through there many times!!

      Thank you all so very very much. You are all so dear to me. I am always thrilled to see comments. Peace to all!:-)

      Delete
  14. Good pick! Smooth and easy. Hope it had been a good week for ya. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Didnt know you were from Texas either Jackie...
    I love the song.. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. one can never have enough Texas love!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.