Thursday, January 10, 2013

Big Daddy's Rolling Home And I Stink

How do animals know? I have no clue but Mollipop knows that Walter is on his way home. He doesn't have enough drive time left to make Canada. So, he is doing a quick stop over here to reset his hours. In Canada, a driver must have thirty four hours down time on his logs. In America they only need thirty.  Since he is passing through this way, en route, he is going to stop by home for a day, and get his hours back.

 We all get excited when daddy is headed home. I've been married to the man for over thirty years and I still cry each time he's coming and each time he's leaving.  We have been blessed with true love, and love each other more and more with every passing day! 

I am excited. However, this time, Mollipop is a little anxious. Because, as soon as daddy gets here she is getting a bath!

"Bummer...a bath!"
She just came in, and she stinks to high heaven. I can't find anything on her. But, she stinks! So my hubby said he would do it as soon as he gets here. 

"I know: I'll try doing my I've been shot trick! Maybe that will save me from a bath!"
"Here's to you mommy for telling on me!"
Of course we are all excited whenever my husband is coming home. It's a lonely life being a trucker, and being a trucker's wife. Some days I don't know what I would do without Mollipop and the cats. Walter is away usually four to six weeks at a time. Then he will come home for four or five days. We have been doing this for almost fifteen years, and it is getting very tiring. We miss each other, as I can't, and don't go on the road with him anymore. 

Mollipop and I use to go every summer. But, we didn't have three cats, and a dog then. Now we do, and we don't have anyone to feed our fowl, take care of our house, and our yard anymore. So I have been home bound for the last three years.  It seems like it's been a life time. But, he works for a good Christian company, ATS INC., he makes good money, and we have very good benefits. That's a real blessing in these times and we are very grateful! He could come home more often. But if the wheels ain't rolling then the money ain't flowing!

Speaking of blessings I was wandering through my Google Plus profile last night, and found several hundred photos and graphics from my old blog 'The Painted Veil.'  I made the graphics using Poser.  I lost all of them and hundreds of photos when my old PC died. I was elated to find these even if they are small. I will try to share some with you here and there.So I'll start by ending this post with one of my favorite Poser ladies. 

'Sincerely'

I have no idea what our plans are for sure. We have to pay bills, get some shopping done, Walter's laundry will need to be done, and he wants to go out on a photo shoot with me. I'll see you all as soon as possible!
~From our home to yours we wish you all blessings of peace!~

19 comments:

  1. So happy you have a wonderful relationship! Have fun, even with bathing a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter bathed her and I had a blast! Thanks Joan!!:-)

      Delete
  2. What wonderful news for you all, that he's coming home! Love your pics- don't know how you do them, but you have talent, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I am such a poor photographer truly I am. We have plans for a new camera and also for me to take a class after Walter retires.....soon, we hope.

      As for getting good and funny pictures of pets it's more persistence than talent. At least it is for me. I must have taken 40 shots just to get these three to work with!

      We really had a good time and he leaves this morning...Saturday, around 9 am. I will be back to my blogging then!
      Hugs ♥

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We have and still are enjoying it Odie, Sadly it comes to and end in about three hours!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy hubby while he is home. That time together is precious.

    Big. Hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man you can say that again about it being precious. This time was truly wonderful.

      For two weeks or more the weather has been frigid and rainy here. The Lord blessed us with sunshine filled sky day and temperatures into the 70's. It's going to be cold and rainy again starting later today.

      We are and have enjoyed every single second! Thanks you guys and I can't wait to see where you are now and where you have been!

      Big hugs! ♥

      Delete
  5. I know you'll all enjoy having Walter home for a day. Mollipop will get over that bath too. You'll see.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pictures and yes we did have a great time. Wow, I'm glad to hear from you. I was missing you! ♥

      Delete
  6. Methinks Molipop would make a GREAT guard-dog for daddy's truck while he was out on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinks and daddy thinks Mollipop stays home with mama! But you are correct about her eing a good watch dog.

      She thinks she owns that truck when she's on the road. I love Walter and I trust him. But, she's only been on the road alone with him once. That was while he dropped me off in Maine for a visit with the grandchildren.

      I do trust him 100%. But, then again, I do also have a cat that now resides somewhere at an old old port near Los Angeles. He lost her. He went to bed without securing the windows properly and she hit the button, rolled down the window and went for it.

      At least that's the story!! :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Daddy's coming home! Hope you enjoy the time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck it was great as it always is! :-)

      Delete
  8. I can't imagine not seeing my hubby for 4 or 6 weeks! You are a strong lady. Have a wonderful time together Jackie love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ECL. We did have a great day yesterday. We went out just driving around with the camera. It was warm, for a change, and the skies were a beautiful bright blue!

      We had fun!:-)

      Delete
  9. Glad your husband is coming home! Traveling jobs are so tough. By the way, your doggie is so cute. Mollipop, what an adorable name!! Is she a Schnauzer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are tough but right now they are some of the top paying out there. He runs flatbed in specialized and God has blessed us with that.

      Mollipop is miniature Schnauzer and Jack Russel mix. But, she looks more Schauzer to me than a Jack Russel.

      However, she can jump almost about 4 or 5 feet straight up in the air and does tricks like a circus dog. I think that is the Jack in her. But, she's not hyper at all. Unless we want her to jump, or if she gets really really excited, she is calm as everything!

      Thanks for stopping and thanks for following my blog!:-)

      Delete
  10. Just popping by to make sure I have your blog url correct so I can start working on a Wordless Wednesday this week. Gotta have everything just right y'know.

    Oh not only is that the cutest name ever; Mollipop, but she is a doll face. Animals know. And it's amazing. My little doxie would sit at the window on the back of the couch each and every day Bud was at work and expected home at a given hour...he too knew. And was ecstatic when he heard the truck come in the yard!!!

    [truck as in pick-up]

    Enjoy your time together however short it is.

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.