Thursday, December 6, 2012

The DR. Is On The Way

This is our Dark Irish, Cherokee/German, little angel Pamela, aka Dr. Wright.
She will be here tomorrow and is staying through Christmas. 
Her husband Bill, aka Sergeant Wright, is bringing her up and dropping her off early, so we can have some mother daughter time. He'll be back the week of Christmas. He's a great guy! They/ve been happily married for 15 years. He takes good care of her. We call them Mutt and Jeff. Pam is 4 '11 and Bill is 6'.4. 
I told you he was a good guy.  I didn't tell you Pam is accident prone. If you're wondering why Bill looks so exhausted, it's because they were visiting a replica of an Alpine Village, located in Northern Georgia, in the foot hills of The Appalachian Mountains,  and the hills were very steep. Pam twisted her ankle first thing in the morning. But Bill's a trooper!
He's been to Graceland in Memphis at least 4 times or maybe 5! Now that's a good guy! Pam is an Elvis fanatic, but I do believe it is starting to wear on Bill judging by this expression.
Pam is a hoot and always has a blast where ever she is. This was taken at a big Army shindig. She's a blast!
I told you teachers were anything but boring.
Here they are together. Bill is a 20 year man and still active. We are very proud of him. He served in Desert Storm and in Iraq. I will admit we are very relieved he has made his 20. As proud as we are, we had been praying he would make it before another tour came around. 
See I did get a picture that has a Christmas tree in it. 
Jack
and
Jill

are coming too and Mollipop can barely wait.
They always have a really good time playing with each other. 
We're all excited and can't wait to visit with all of them. 

Pam and I have plans to get the house decorated for Christmas,  take the train into Dallas and get our shopping done. And, of course, we have to go see Patrick. Our last visit with Patrick was quite exciting. You can read about it here if you don't know the story of Pam, me and Patrick!

She taught a Women's Memoir class she designed this year.  'Gorillas In The Mist', Diane Fosse's memoir, was one of the books she chose for the course. That is how we all became acquainted with Patrick. She took her students to The Dallas Zoo recently. They put together this great video of the trainer at the zoo working with Patrick. It's very informative. I hope you watch it. They really get up close and personal. 


It's always fun and exciting when they come visit. We are all so excited. 
"Hey who said we're ALL so excited?! Oh joy... 2 more dogs to chase me!!"


19 comments:

  1. How fun. I know you'll have a terrific time. The dogs will be very happy, but the cat not so much. Bwahahahahaha.

    Patrick is an interesting young man indeed. How fun again.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee. Yes a visit with Pam is always an adventure and lots of fun!! I just hope Patrick doesn't try to escape again!!
      Big hugs right back at you!:-)

      Delete
  2. Hello I am a blogger from GA!

    I am glad the doctor is in! Sounds like fun. Saw they went to the north GA mountains. And I love your pups!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie. It's so nice to meet you. I am glad yo enjoyed the post.

      Pam lived in Hahira. She taught as a graduate student at Valdosta State while completing her Master's degree.

      From there she was off to WSU where she studied under Dr. Hyde, world renown D.H. Lawrence scholar. DR. Hyde was head of her committee there.

      She was one of only five to be accepted into their scholarship and teaching program. She taught full time and worked on her P.H.D. while there. She was chosen each of the four years she was there to remain as an graduate teacher with a fellowship.

      We are very proud of her and she is a lot of fun. We loved Hahira and Valdosta. She teaches at Texas A&M in Kingsvile now.

      I hope you stop back over and I am headed to try to track you down and return the visit.
      Thanks again and I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Here's hoping you have a wonderful time together. I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we will Chuck. She's a mama's girl. The other two are daddy girls.

      Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a great day! I'll be over your way in a bit!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  4. Extra dogs, loving family. It is going to be a great Christmas Season! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you Vanilla. Blessings of joy to you and yours also!!

      Delete
  5. Have a great visit Jackie with the family Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great visit with the family Jackie..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time you all will be having! I hope you will include lots of your great pictures. And please tell her- no kissing alligators while she's there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha.ha.ha, there will be no alligator kissing for me. Oh Shelly we have a ball every time she visits. Thanks for stopping in.

      I hope your week is going good!:-)

      Delete
  8. Your kitty looks like my furkid Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she does. She is hard to get a picture of. She does not like the camera.

      Thanks for all of your hard work around here today LJ!!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you have some wonderful times coming up. Enjoy them to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shark. We are going to give it our best shot!!:-)

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful couple they are, I'm so happy they are coming to stay with you, It will make for a very special Christmas
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too Janet. To be honest I am grateful it worked out that we were all going to spend this Christmas together.

      After what we've been through these last 2 1/2 weeks I don't know how we could have made it trhough without each other!!

      Delete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.