Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting Ready For Christmas

We decided to add a little Christmas cheer around here. Mollipop and me would like to thank LadyJava at LadyJava Creations very much for all of her hard work. We hope you like it. It has cheered us up a whole bunch. LadyJava use to do all of my blog makeovers at my old blog and she is 100% dependable, honest and very good at her job. Click on her button below if you too would like a little sprucing up. 
Thank You LJ!


Mollipop is always excited when her Auntie Pam comes to visit. Especially when Jack and Jill come with her. Jack and Jill love to come visit me, their grammy because they get to run and play outside all day. They live in an apartment in the city so when they come here they have a ball playing with Molli and of course chasing the cats! Once Jack was mistaken for a rabbit and a hawk tried to get him. He is a wee thing and instead of running he sort of hops. Well, needless to say it was months and months before he forgot that incident. It's just been during the last few visits that he has quit hiding under the bush in our backyard and has starting playing again.


There are four truly extraordinary things about Pamela:she is the kindest and most loving person you will ever meet, she is extremely smart and talented, she is also obsessed with Elvis and apparently alligators and Patrick the gorilla. We will discuss Patrick and the alligators in a moment. I've known about her goodness and her love for Elvis for ages. We were at their home for Christmas 2 years ago. I know it's hard to tell from these pictures but we had an Elvis Christmas. I would venture to say at least 80% of her decorations involved Elvis in some form and it was marvelous. We had a blast. They couldn't make it up here last year and we couldn't get down there either but this year they are coming here. She offered to bring her Elvis decorations and I just might take her up on that deal.
 Now this is the adventurous side of Pamela. It is the side that scares a mother and I actually did not know she had ever kissed an alligator in her life until I found this picture posted in her albums on Facebook. Yes those are real alligators and she is really kissing them. I have come to know that many professors have some if not many idiosyncrasies and trust me they are anything but boring.

Take Patrick for instance, He is the gorilla in the picture below. We met Patrick last year at The Dallas Zoo and it was love at first site for Pamela. I have to admit he is pretty amazing. But while we were visiting Patrick was not a happy camper because he didn't like the girlfriends they had with him and he was not in his regular habitat. You see he had broken a window out on the other side and they had to move him.

On the day we were there suddenly we saw people running and the loud speaker announced for everyone to please leave the area. We had just left the viewing area for Patrick and that's where everyone was running away from. What does Pam do? She starts running as fast as she can to see what Patrick has done. Please keep in mind, people were shouting warnings "he's breaking the glass" as they were passing us going in the opposite direction! I was chasing Pamela just in case I had to defend my child from a 400lb. angry gorilla, .

Now stop and think about this for a minute. They are telling people to leave the area and they may have to evacuate the zoo and people are running for their lives right by Pamela in the opposite direction and shouting to her about a possible gorilla escape and what does DR. Wright do? She runs as fast as she can to get back to the very area where an angry 400lb. gorilla is possibly on the loose.

 I finally caught up with her. She was standing about 3 ft. away from where Patrick was working his finger through the glass he had broken. Finally after  pleading with her for several very long long minutes I convinced her to get back.

She took some class mates on a trip this year to visit Patrick. Pam taught a 'Women's Memoir' this year and one of the stories was 'Gorillas In The Mist'-the story of Diane Fossey. They had a great time and all swear he behaved beautifully. Of course we are going to visit him too while she is here. The zoo finally let him back in with his two favorite ladies and now he is happy! At least Pam told me he was happy when she and her students visited a few weeks ago thier field trip.


I hope he stays happy too!
~Happy Weekend Everyone!~

16 comments:

  1. Wow, it's Christmas over here and then some. I like it very much.

    Have fun visiting Patrick. Sounds like fun.

    Have a terrific day honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for stopping in. I will have to return this visit as soon a possible. I am glad you like the new Christmas look and yes we will have fun with Patrick. I hope!:-)

      Delete
  2. Now this is filled with the Christmas spirit! I enjoyed hearing about Pamela. I work out at the campus most days, and the English building, Fore Hall, is sometimes on our running route.

    She is certainly brave for kissing those alligators!

    Love your new look blog-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly. I have really enjoyed your stories since finding your blog too.

      I wrote this in a hurry and oh my I really should have edited it. I have a ton of grammar errors and I could have broken it down into at least three different paragraphs.

      LOL...at my paranoia. It comes with having an English teacher for a daughter.

      I cannot believe she kissed alligators. It scares me thinking what else she has done!
      Happy weekend to you!
      Jackie

      Delete
  3. Yay, we can comment! We tried on other posts and couldn't get it to work! Welcome back to blogging Jackie! We missed you and Mollipop too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so very very much! It is so so good to be back. I have missed everyone so much. I am so excited you stopped over and Mollipop will be thrilled too!!
      Happy weekend to you and all of your furry loves too!
      Jckie

      Delete
  4. Your blog looks great, very festive. So good to see you back to blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann it is so good to see your face here! Thanks ever so much for stopping over!! I have you to thank for helping me get into the festive mood!
      Happy day to you and Duke!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  5. Oh I've missed you sweetie and I am so sorry once again for your loss. Big hugs for u and Walter yeah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed all of you too! Thank you for your condolences. We are doing pretty good considering. Thank goodness we have a strong faith in God! I am so so happy to see you. Thanks for popping over!!
      Big big hugs for you and your furry buddy there too!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  6. He he Aunty Pam is so brave holding and kissing that alligator, I'd have screamed and run a mile away LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Marzie and just think I am going to the zoo with her again some time in the next couple of weeks. She scares me!!:-)

      Delete
  7. Hi honey - Oakdale Sportsmen's Club was me. I was using hubbies laptop and forgot that he was signed on. So it's me.

    Have a terrific day. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...I told Walter I thought it was you. I could tell. It had your special style!! Big hugs and happy hunting!!:-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.