Monday, December 3, 2012

Awwwwwww......Monday 157

I look like my daddy Monkey don't I?
Hi everybody my name is Luz and when I was little this was my favorite place to hide. It's mommy's laptop bag and I used to love to climb up there and sleep and do all sorts of things. There was always papers and stuff for me to play with. It was fun!! Okay I know Luz is a girl's name but my mommy and my grammy thought I was a girl when I was born. So they named me after one of their favorite characters in one of their favorite movies about Texas.... 'Giant' starring some guy named Rock Hudson and some lady named Elizabeth Taylor. . I've never seen the movie but I heard them talking about it when they were picking out  names.  I tried to tell them I was a boy but they didn't listen and now I am a full growed mancat with womancat's name! I guess it could be worse. They could have named me Sue!

My daddy is Monkey. You guys already met him but he wanted to join in and announce his one and only mancat act of father hood before grammy got him fixed. --I found out about that too a few months ago....ouch...it hurted!!--Anyway grammy learned not to ever adopt two baby kittens at the same time when one is a girl kitten and the other one is a boy. Me and my three other sisters were a very very big surprise for my grammy. But grammy kept my daddy Monkey and made sure all of us got good homes. But I was luckiest of all because my mommy is grammy's daughter and she has two other cats and we have lots and lots of fun! That's my story and I hope everyone has a great week.

I'm proud of the boy even if he does have a girl's name!

If you are participating in Awwwww...Monday, enter your name and  URL in the form below and press enter.
Please leave a comment after linking....Thank You!
.

26 comments:

  1. Hey Jackie! Welcome back. It's nice to see you again. I missed you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liz! It's great to hear from you too!! I hope you will come back and join in on our Awwwww...Monday!!
      Happy Day!!:-)

      Delete
  2. Luz sounds like a terrific kitty- and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luz is a disaster waiting to happen. He is the original curious cat but yes he is very cute and we love him!!
      Happy Monday Shelly!:-)

      Delete
  3. What a cute story & Cat, love it!
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad you enjoyed it. Luz is a total ham and true cut up at heart. He his always up to something!
    Happy Monday Janet!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luz tells a cool story about his name. Great that he could accept it; real Mancat!

    Thanks for the invitation to link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and I am glad you stopped over. I love to read your stories and today's was very special!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  6. Awww...how handsome they both are and thanks for joining in Jackie. I appreciate it very much.

    Have a day filled with tons of Awwww. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast with this Sandee. I hope you have a great day too!
      Big hugs to you too!!:-)

      Delete
  7. aww sweet cats, glad you are back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my it's good to be back. I just had company over and now I am running late. But, I will be over for a visit as soon as possible!!
      Happy day Lucky Lady and you too...Kat!:-)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Awwww...yes he is and he's a handful too!! I hope you are having a great day Mike! Thanks for stopping over!!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  9. ...well, if it'll make you feel any better, our daughter has a 'boy's name'.....Kelly?

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS....gotta love kitties!! We have two...and they grace our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter has Luz now and they have 2 other cats too. They never had any children and so they are her babies.

      We have 3 cats and 1 dog. All of them are rescues and so are our daughter's pets.

      Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a lovely evening!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  11. Well I like the name Luz and don't you look cute peeking out of that bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann. I can't seem to get away from cat pots lately. But they are just so darn cute. I really enjoyed your interview. I visited her site and she is a fantastic artist!

      Pam is stopping over every once in a while to see what everyone says about Luz. I am sure she and Luz are thrilled to know everyone likes him so much.

      Delete
  12. Luz doesn't say anything gender-wise to me. Sounds like a good name. He's very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the movie and the novel Luz is a woman character. The movie and the book were based some what on the King Ranch down in south Texas. The town of Kingsville is actually named after the King ranch. I bet vanila could tell us all about it.

      He and his mom will be thrilled to know you think he is handsome!

      Delete
  13. Hi Jackie! SO nice to meet you and visit your sweet blog. I have enjoyed perusing many of your posts! Very nice place you have here :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment! I hope you come back and visit all of the time!

      I hope you have a super night and a great evening!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  14. Hey Jackie!!

    Welcome back!! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and it's so sweet that you remembered me! :D I'm so sorry I didn't get around to coming over to your blog earlier.. I actually just gave birth to my 3rd child last week.. So needless to say, I've been quite the busy mommy!

    Anyways, Luz is so cute and I loved reading his story. I think Luz can be a mancat's name too.. it's still sort of macho, IMHO. :) And I think I've got to check out "Giant" too. The hubs is a sucker for classic films and anything Rock Hudson. LOL! :)

    Have a great week ahead, Jackie! Hope to drop by again some time soon. (If I'm not stuck with mommy duties, that is!) :)

    xoxo,
    Shemah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes I remember you very well. Congratulations on your new baby!! I bet you do have your hands full.

      Thanks for taking the time to pop over Shemah. You take care of yourself and your new baby!!
      Big big hugs!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  15. Ah, it can definitely be easy to miss the cat among the bags. That is definitely a good hiding spot, no matter how you look at it :D

    Have an "Aww-some" Monday and the week ahead ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.