Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Day Around The Old HomeStead

I just walked in before starting this post and it is was a clear crispy cool night. There was not a cloud to be seen. The sky was black except for a multitude of twinkling glistening stars. I have to say I am loving this weather. Although, we are in desperate need of rain. We are two years into a drought and our pond has just about disappeared.

It may be on the cool side tonight but today was another grand day filled with warmth beaming down from a glowing white sun. There was little to no breeze today at all. With no thermals to glide on the buzzards now known as,'The Spooky Big Birds', in yesterday's post, titled 'The Gathering ', were no where to be seen. Thank goodness for that.

So I was outside on and off almost all morning and a good deal of time this afternoon with my camera. I still didn't get a shot of that perfect golden leaf falling in mid air. None the less, I enjoyed the day very much. The sun was absolutely brilliant and the colors were down right festive. The birds knew the cold spell was coming and they were at the feeders all day. All the critters were frisky today and the colors were so so pretty and bright.

 I walked around snapping pictures of this and that. They are simple shots of an average day around this old place. I just couldn't resist sharing them with you. I warn you there is no rhythm or rhyme to the shots. I just took pictures and I hope you enjoy them.

















~See ya'!~


~Tweet Tweet~

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, do I ever love your bird photos!!! And the Autumn foliage is just great. Nothing better than a crisp day with a night filled with stars.

    And, in case you don't know, I have a bird photo blog that you can leave a link to your bird photos if you wish. Each Saturday [noon Texas USA time] a new linky tool is added. If you'd like, come join in and leave a link for us all to view any bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...well, duh. My bird photo album in linked on my personal blog's sidebar "I'd Rather B Birdin"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Anni thank you so much. I will headed over now and grab the link. I am glad you liked the pictures.
      Happy day!
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  3. What lovely, fun pictures and post! The goose looking right at the camera made me smile. I'm so glad you are out and able to find the beauty you do with your camera-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly I am so glad you enjoyed the pictures. Because it's cold outside today and Mollipop and me are staying in today.

      I am having a little work done again on my blog. As soon as I get the word that all is ready to go I will do some blog hopping!
      Happy day!
      Jackie

      Delete
  4. What lovely shots indeed Jackie. Your photography is always so well done. I wish I could take good photographs, but alas I can't. I just don't have that knack.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much madam of comedy and cheer!! I'll be over in a bit. I have been swamped busy all morning!!

      Always and ever big big hugs for you!:-)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful day; glad you carry a camera along on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanilla! I am glad you know all of the wonderful information you share with us.

      I always dreamed of being a teacher. But that was not God's plan for my life. He decided I should be the mother of a teacher.

      I have always loved learning and am so glad to know you. I look forward to each new post of yours!!

      Delete
  6. Your shots are marvelous and that sounds like the perfect day. I like going out and just randomly taking shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day! I am glad you like the shots. I also glad I came back to blogging. It motivates me to get my camera out.

      I have become very sloppy with my work. It will take me a while to get back into full swing!!

      Happy evening to you Ann!
      Hugs,
      Jackie:-)

      Delete
  7. Great photos! Love those mallards. We have them regularly in our cove...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors. We are reduced to gray and brown. I'm waiting for white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful captures, Jackie. Very inspiring. I've missed all of your shots when you stopped blogging for a while. I am so overwhelmed that you decided to return. I only returned about two months ago as well.

    BTW, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Windy's post about "reminiscing America." We both responded there, Sweetie :-)

    May you have a fabulous weekend! Love yah!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.