Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gone Home: A Country Cowboy Funeral

Little did I know nor would I ever have imagined when I started this new blog I would be writing a post dedicated to the memory of our two sons David and Mark.

David was born November 4th, 1965 to Walter and Louise (Walter's first wife)Hooper and Mark was born July 1st, 1972. I met and married Walter in 1982 and our family completely meshed together as one. We have been very blessed by this. From the very start all of our biological children formed a very tight bond and there has never been any distinction between biological and step children.

David is survived by his mother Louise Coggin and her husband Larry, his father Walter Hooper and myself Jackie Hooper, one daughter Naomi Hooper, his son David Hooper Jr., grandson London Hooper and three sisters, Laurie Hooper, Tammy Diaz and Pamela Wright. Mark never married and is survived by the same parents and family members.

On Monday night last week they were heading home after stopping off to grab a root beer and failed to negotiate a very sharp curve. The pick-up rolled and both were killed instantly around seven p.m.. They were found early the next morning, Tuesday the 20th. During the upcoming months I will share more with you about their lives intermittently between other posts.

At this time we as a family wish to share with you the lovely simple 'Country Cowboy Graveside Service'. Naturally as a family we are devastated but have found great peace in knowing they were saved and are now in heaven with Jesus our Lord and Savior. We are grateful for the time they were here on this earth. This post is dedicated to their memory. We did not attend a funeral. We attended a 'Celebration of their Lives'!




We wish to share this excerpt from 'Ode To Intimations of Immortality' by William Wordsworth with you. It is one of my favorite poems and I believe to be a very positive outlook when dealing with loss. 
_______________________
What though the radiance which was once so bright  
Be now for ever taken from my sight,  
    Though nothing can bring back the hour  
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;  
      We will grieve not, rather find  
      Strength in what remains behind;  
      In the primal sympathy  
      Which having been must ever be;  
      In the soothing thoughts that spring  
      Out of human suffering;  
      In the faith that looks through death,  
In years that bring the philosophic mind.



Spirit In The Sky is a great tune. I hope you stop a minute and have a listen. 


~Marky's favorite song was 'Jesus Loves Me'.
This one's for you Marky. We will always remember your wonderful smile and how very happy you always were. You kept us all laughing all of the time no matter what was going on. You were and will always be a great blessing to all that knew and loved you! You and your brother David will forever be in our hearts and are loved very very much by so many. Thank you God for sharing them with us here on earth!


God bless and peace to all from our family to yours!








14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jackie. I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine the pain. Big healing hugs all around honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sandee. We discussed about whether to blog this or not and we all decided we would find comfort in forever marking this. This blog will never be deleted!! I know it is a sad post and no one ever really knows what to say. I have been working on this post for 2 days trying to figure out how to get it done. But now it is up and the kids can come by and see the pictures whenever they want. Walter is still home and we are taking it slow. He leaves tomorrow and I will be back blogging and visiting. I am grateful God led me back to blogging. At lest it keeps me busy!! Much love and big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey Lee Jaynes-CronkNovember 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM

    Jackie,
    Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us ! You did such a wonderful job on this ! I personally am very appreciative of it ! I have not come to term's yet with this all and it's very hard to try and find any comfort. How do you with something like this ? I lost my Mom in January and my Brother in July, a very good friend in October and now the loss of Hooper and Marky. Quite a devastation ! They were taken way to soon ! Thank you for deciding to go ahead and write this blog !! By trying to help yourself, you may just be helping other's as well. I hope in time, you will be able to add more picture's. I have been talking with Mama(Louise)by phone daily and with Naomi by text. I believe we have all been a help for each other trying to get through this, but I do believe this blog will help even more !
    Thank you again Jackie,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment. I wish I could tell you that everything will magically and suddenly be okay. But I would not be telling you the truth. My mother passed away almost 17 years ago and there are still times I cry.

      The only way anyone can get through something like this is to try your best to turn it all over to God and trust in Him completely. We do not have the answers to why these things happen. Only God can see the big picture and only He knows the answers.

      Walter, me and I am sure all of our family are grateful for our faith in the Lord!! It is only through His Grace that any of us are surviving this. It is very difficult and we are still shedding tears. But we know we will see them again someday and that is comforting. We all have to move forward and keep going. I am positive that neither Mark or David would leave heaven even to come back to us! They are happy and enjoying perfect peace in heaven with our Lord and our Heavenly Father!!

      Peace of the Lord and love in Christ,
      Jackie



      Delete
  4. I am so very, very sorry for this. Oh, I am so praying for the pain you all must be going through. I know, though, how faithful the Lord is to us, and the bible says He is a Man of Sorrows, so He not only has you wrapped up in His arms, but that He knows intimately what you are going through.

    How wonderful to know where they are, and that you will be with them again someday.

    I will continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jackie I am so so sorry for your's and your families loss. I think what you did for them is wonderful, you celebrated their lives, a much more beautiful way of letting go and saying goodbye. I'm glad I found this blog and that your back to blogging, I missed you!
    Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry for your loss. This is the first I heard of it. Sending prayers and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie- I'm so sorry- these kinds of things are really hard, with multiple losses. I do believe you are looking for comfort from the right source. Saying a prayer for you and your family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so very much for your prayers and wonderful words of support!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My deepest condolences for your and your families' recent loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ECL!! We are doing the best we can. I am grateful for our faith!!

      Delete
  10. Again, my heartfelt condolences, Jackie. It takes a lot of strength and courage to put up with a post like this. I am praying for you and the entire family.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lainy. Yes it was a very difficult post to rite and publish. But it was done in the spirit of celebration for the love we all shared.

      As Christians you and I both know they are not gone from us forever. They are in God's hand and we'll all see them again someday!!

      Love and hugs to you and don't be such a stranger!
      Jackie xoxo's:-)

      Delete
  11. I really feel for you-all. Please try to keep in mind that their sufferings in this world are now over.

    ReplyDelete

♥ ♥Thanks for stopping in and talking to me! ♥ ♥

Powered by Blogger.